Thursday was my birthday!! It came and went so fast. Thank you to all that made it seem like my birthday and sent wishes my way on a day that seemed a bit like any other day, but the day also included a sick kid. Hannah was sick on my birthday with a stomach virus of some sort, and wasn't feeling better until Friday night, and then by Saturday seemed more herself again, with maybe a lack of appitite all weekend though. That didnt'stop her from playing with her neighborhood friends.
I'm also thrilled to say that I have lost 20 lbs, it has been a long journey so far and I still have quite the journey to go. I've been working extra hard these last few weeks to reach my mini goal of 20 lbs by my birthday. Focus. Focus.
It was a tad windy but sure nice out the last few days. I got the garage cleaned, at least to a point that you can tell it's a garage again. Got quite a bit of sale stuff marked with Hannah's help, she is very insistant that she needs to help, and I cant' put on one sticker without her throwing a fit. She's in charge. We seem to have our own little store going on, with all the stuff we've accumulated again.
With the nice weather, also involves the dog running away again. I'm a vet tech and cant' even keep my own dog in my yard. uuggh. Believe me I've tried several times, but havent' been consistant with training until he's gotton it. He was brought into our home as a 10 week old puppy, and we also had a 10 mo old baby and a 4 yr old....some how I did find the time and did the puppy class and beginner training 2 different times, but he has never been one to listen very well, esp with the running away part. It has gotton easier over the years, and the training did help some, in that he'll most times just run to the neighbors across the street now, and I usually find him in a certain area, and after a few attempts, he does come to me, where as before he didnt' even hear me and when he saw me, and he'd run the entire city of Dassel. He likes his freedom I guess, but knows that it's best to come home. It's still frustrating though. He gets out of the back yard, when the door gets left open or blows open, but I guess, he knows he can get away with it. It's not a typical spring without the dog running away a few times.
This last week and weekend, Hannah is doing much better on riding her bike, we learned last summer somewhat, but it's been awhile again, and she could never get started, or just go on her own, but I think we got the kinks work out, and she is a soon to be pro. Practice Practice.
Bailey had a good hockey sunday. Hannah and I stayed home to get to church this week, plus Hannah was just sick. (and sick of hockey). So we decided to skip hockey this week, which is how I got the garage cleaned, or that wouldnt' have happend yet. I was glad to hear though, that Bailey's team won a game, and tied the other game, and Baily had a goal. Gives the kids some deserved energy for the season, not to always be on the loosing end. 2 hockey weekends left--then a few months of baseball games.
No comments:
Post a Comment