Bailey got his first chance to pitch in a game. The last inning as Bailey was ready to go to 1st base, coach says last minute, Bailey your pitching....whoa, he warmed up several pitches, and was ready to go. (SWEET!-- he's thinking-- he told me afterwards :) He looked like nervous Joe Nathan, but had the confidence of him as well, and pitched good enough for a first try. He's gotta work on the speed of it though, and was kinda pitching them all right in there kinda sorta slow, and had alot of hits off of him. Did have some strikes, and his team had some good plays to get them out of the inning. They had one more time to bat and couldn't get another run, game ended in a 2-1 loss. Least amount of runs in a game and their first loss. They had more time to play another inning for fun, so Bailey pitched another inning. :) FUN




He's been wanting to pitch this year or at least try, but the coaches 2 kids have been the main pitchers along with a few others, the 5th graders I think are the last to get to try. Practice, practice-- hopefully next year he'll get more chances, as there are only 2 more games left I think and then a few tournament games the end of July.
What's funny is I was his catcher a few times in the backyard-- I don't last long in that position. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment