Here's the hive from last year ( Aug 2009)

This year was no different, except their location. Hannah discovered one bee in her hair as she walked out the back door. We thought nothing much of it...Hannah was kinda freaked out that it was in her hair, but we didn't think there were many of them close by.
Then as I was headed in the door I briefly saw the bees swirling over head, and one came right at my face. STUNG !! Hannah was already in the house, thankfully. It got me right under my right eye, and I came in and put ice on it. I thought to myself...not again. Oh well it didn't seem too bad, it hurt of course, but I contiuned on. Took a shower, and went back out to the gargage to finish up a few things I was working on for our sale coming up. Steve went out to spray the nasty bees, and discovered a hole above our back door where they must have a hive inside the wall. He sprayed them good and also hosed the hole with water.
About 10 min later Steve came out to the garage and asked me if I heard Hannah. no..why? She just stepped on a half dead bee and it stung her little toe. It must have gotton into the house after spraying them. I guess she was loud. So when I came in the house(through the front door...LOL), she was sitting on the kitchen floor with cream on her toe. Steve just grabbed the anti-itch cream I use for her mosquito bites, and that seemed to help calm her down and for whatever reason made it feel better. What about ice I asked him and he said oh, didn't think of that (cute). I guess he didn't see me with an ice pack on my face after I got stung.
Hannah's toe felt better already the next morning (maybe it was the cream...ha ha), it was a little red but not too bad looking. It's a good thing, she doesn't need anything more to deal with. Me on the other hand my eye was getting swollen right away. Got a little worse in the morning, and by today is even more swollen. It's pretty itchy too, so I think the swelling should start go down after today (I hope). I have been putting ice on it off and on, and took a benedryl last night. All I have right now is my dog's benedryl which is 50 mg instead of the normal 25mg, so that makes me real sleepy and only took it last night so far. I must have more of an allergic reaction to bee stings. I have been stung at least 3 other times and they also swelled up and became itchy, but at least it wasn't on my face where it's so noticable.
excuse my ugly mug, but here's my swollen eye

No comments:
Post a Comment