
AUGUST 7-9,2009

It's official!! My mom has registered to walk 60 miles in 3 days, for the Susan G Koman Race for a Cure for breast cancer. She will be walking in Chicago,
August 7-9, 2009. My aunt Brenda, lives near Chicago, in Fox Lake IL, and has done the walk several times before with her sister, Barb, and Barb's daughter, Shannon, and Barb's daughter-in law, Kim. They asked my mom and me to do the walk this next time and we both agreed that it would be an awesome experience, and fully expected to do it.
I've had second thoughts recently that I am not ready, both physically and mentally. You have to raise over $2000 to be able to walk. All money raised will be donated to breast cancer, wether you walk or not.... but just the thought of fundraising right now, doesn't sound appealing to me. I will support my mom's efforts though.
I am not in the best physical shape, and know I can do better. Walking 20 miles a day scares me a little, although with some effort and determination, I know I could do it. I decided to back away from this, for this time, and plan on doing it next year, granted that that "team" does it again and I'm ready. They talked about travelling for a change to either Minneapolis or Boston. Minneapolis would be convienient.
I wish my mom luck with her training and preparations, and hope that those that read this will consider giving to fight breast cancer.
To Donate: go to www.The3Day.org
Click on donate, and search for my mom's personal webpage.
Linda Radtke- Chicago, IL- Team name: "Save the Boobies"
You can also call- 1-800-996-3DAY
I can also give/send you a donation form to fill out to mail in or you can print one out off the web site.
Thanks for your support!!
1 comment:
Thanks Sheri for the advertising and the info you put out about the Breast Cancer 3-day Walk. I will need lots of support both mentally and financially.
MOM
Post a Comment