This week Hannah was chosen next at school to be "The Apple of Our Eye". She has been so excited in anticipation for her turn. She gets to be the teachers helper, share pictures of her favorite memories, the kids write her letters, and mom and dad get to write a letter to her saying how special she is to us and the teacher reads it aloud to the class.
Instead of a traditional letter format, I wrote out a poem for Hannah's letter. Hannah wanted me to write this letter immediately after she got home on Friday. I tried to explain to her I needed to think out what I wanted to write, and that it takes time. She would continue to ask me if I thought about what to write, and was so impatient to see what I wrote.
Here it goes:
Dear Hannah,
Our little apple, Hannah Rose, was born on September 6, 2001,
you lit up our faces brighter than the sun.
Precious baby you were, all dressed in pink,
a baby girl in the house, just to think.
Now that you've grown alot, we are so proud,
that your skills have soared higher than a cloud.
You love to run and, boy, how fast you go,
try to catch me, don't be slow!
Animals of all kinds interest your mind,
horses, dogs, cats and pets of all kind.
Although we only have a dog and 2 cats at home,
a variety of stuffed animals you love for your own.
We love your smile and your laugh each day,
though at times you may be shy, at home you have lots to say!
You always like to have something to do,
which includes arts and crafts, friends to play, or even your dog Lou.
Reading and writing and coloring too,
are some more of the things you like to do.
Your so very special to us and our family,
your hugs, kisses, and snuggles all mean much to me.
So our little apple has grown to be 8,
shining like a star and growing so great!
We love your spirit, your smile, your zeal,
You are the apple of our eye and that is for real!
Love,
Mom and Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment