Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Our watermelon saga ends

Well, I left you last, with our watermelon growing.....it did grow and got really big.  See?!!!
 
It looks good and we were so proud of our ability to grow the thing, even though it looks good,  it was FULL of little white seeds, almost too many that it was really a hassle to pick them out.  I had a "cold" and couldn't taste very well at the time I tried it out.  After being frustrated picking out a ton of seeds to just give it a try, I was equally dissapointed when I did try it and it didn't have much of a flavor.  I do realize my cold had something to do with the flavor, but I wasn't impressed. I LOVE watermelon and can eat a whole one myself-- but this one was dissappointing.  Steve said it had a good flavor, but I don't think he was impressed either, especially with all the seeds.   So we will try again next year, hopefully with better results.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: