Last night Steve and I got a chance to go out. I don't even remember the last time when we got home at 2am!! The kids and their cousins were being watched at Steve's sister's house, by a friend of theirs.
We went out in honor of Steve's dad's 60th birthday, which is this coming Thursday. He is a Beatles fan, and his mom saw that a Beatles Tribute band from the area was having a concert, so she invited the immediate family for a night out. Steve was late, of course, and had to meet us at the restaurant. We ate at the new remodeled restaurant called "Roberts", formaly known as Rascals, at the Medina Entertainment Center. We all had a good meal & intersting conversation, followed by the "Beatles" concert up in the ballroom. It really wasn't the atmosphere I expected, as I envisoned more of a concert scene. The ballroom is large and the maybe 150-200 people there, seemed more like just a few, since everyone was so spread out. There was the dancers on the dance floor and people like us who just sat back and listened for the most part. They were pretty good, as most music to me is refreshing and fun. I learned some things about them, as I never paid much attention to the deatils of the band, but still reconginzed most of the songs. My dad is also a big Beatles fan, so I'm surprised I didn't know more than I do.
The band was called "Rubber Soul", and they had 3 outfit changes to match the years of the songs they were singing. In the last set, Jen,(Steve's older sister) had arranged a head of time to have her, Jes and Steve sing with the band the "Ob la de, Ob la da" song up on stage for their dad. It was quite the entertainment and so neat to watch. Of course I forgot my camera last night, but there were 3 other cameras there, so I hope to get some pictures emailed to me to remember the night by. Jen and Nancy finally let it all loose towards the end and decided to dance a few songs. With all the ballroom dancers, and just plain goofy dancing out there, I decided to lay low. I've never danced to the Beatles and wasn't even sure where to begin, so I just tapped my toes in enjoyment.
By the middle of the last set then the crowd was more scarce, people were leaving already, so at about 12:30am or so we also left thinking it was almost over, but they played about 7 more songs after we left apprently. It was just as good that we left, as the evening was quite long already.....way past my bedtime !!!
We picked the kids up about 1:30am and finally settled into our beds about 2am.
It was a memorable night.
No comments:
Post a Comment