Tuesday, September 2, 2008

1st day of school !!

Our 5th grader

Our 1st grader




I could sense the excitment building a few days ago, for school to start....maybe a little more so for Hannah...as she could not wait for 1st grade to start. Bailey was a little more apprehensive and nervous starting in a new school, with new situations, so the excitment wasn't overflowing, but I think he will have a good year.

Got both kids up at 6:30am, and it was fairly easy as far as first days go. They both got up, and Bailey showered, and ate breakfast...Bailey's nerves got the best of him and he didn't eat much. Hannah was ready alomst 1/2 hr. early, everything went smoothly with her,she listened well, and she could hardly wait anymore.

It rained all morning, so it was not the brightest of first days. Since it was pouring, I couldn't see sending Bailey to the corner to wait for the bus and getting soaked, so I waited in the van parked on the corner with him, the bus finally came, after being about 7 min late. Those were a long 7 min and it was just making Bailey more nervous. He got on the bus and off he went...it was a weird feeling, having not had a child ride a bus to school before.
Hannah's school has a first day of school celebration in the playground, but that got moved to the lunch room/small gym....so because of the rain, I took her and went inside to make sure she got to where she was to go. The lunch room was full of kids, packed in there, all sitting in lines per grade, just waiting patiently. I think the sight of all the kids in there overwhelmed Hannah just a bit, but she followed the teachers instructions as to where 1st graders were to sit, and forgot I was there I think. So I decided to leave, and then decided to go back and just say goodbye, have a good day, and that if it was raining after school I would pick her up otherwise to walk home. I may go meet her at the playground to walk home, just to make sure she is ok. She is used to coming home with Bailey, so we have to develop a new routine yet. She also will have a good year, I think. I'm excited for school to start too !!!
My routine is to get back into my workout/weight loss program. Dassel has opened up a new Snap Fitness, which is blocks from my house. I can even walk there. I'm excited to get back into a lifestyle I can live with, and hope to workout daily there.

No comments: