It's gettin late and I really need to get to bed....well I guess it's still early in some people's eyes(9:20pm), but I have had one heck of a week, 9 days to be exact. I just finished up my front desk training, and finally have tomorrow off, and we are headed to the State Fair as a family. We plan to get a very early start, to be back home for Hannah's school open house, which takes about 1/2hr or so to do inbetween the hours of 4-7pm. I hope to be home before 6pm.
I still am tired, but it's a family day that I don't want to miss out on. I have somewhat of a clue what Steve feels like trying to work all those hours and fit in family time. The house is a disaster, as I have let that go some, laundry is piling up, grass needs cutting, things are just disorganized. Grandma Barb and Hannah have been keeping up on the dishes and for that I'm grateful. I guess Hannah even cleaned out the toilet and took the garbage out today. What a helper.
********************************************************
Bailey had his middle school open house tonight and that was a good thing. He feels not so nervous anymore, and saw all his friends tonight. They were comparing schedules and they are in alot of classes together. We had a 1/2 hr or so presentation in the Performing Arts Center, and the principal talked to all the 5th graders and the parents, explaining different things. We found his locker and put all his supplies in it, no more school desks to call his own. We found all the rooms he will be in throughout the typical school day. He starts out every day with "Power Hour", which is similar to his "Care Group" in elem. school. It's a mixture of 5-8th grade kids (elem. school is a mix of 1-4 gr. kids), in which it's like a home room, with different small group activities, social skills, learning to get along with different age groups, and people, etc.
He then goes into one room with the same teacher for 3 classes ( communications, math, spelling) and and 2 other rooms each with a different teacher ( social studies and science), and then he has his allied arts alternating days....which includes choir/music, phy ed, art, keyboarding, and band (optional), in which he got his trumpet tonight too. We finally got to talk to the band instructor after most people had left, so it was nice to meet him one on one. Steve actually graduated with his brother from Delano HS. Mr. Roser is 2 years younger than Steve then. So he had a nice conversation with him, and then I asked a few things about band. I guess 85- 5th graders are signed up for band and he is the only middle school instructor, so it's sounds like a bit much for him, but it should be interesting.
I came out of the school with a headache. Alot of people and kids and new things. Same classmates and friends so I think that helps alot, plus some hockey/baseball friends from Cokato Elem. are now his classmates as well. About 200 5th graders is what they said. WOW !! We still need to call up the bus lady and figure out the bus schedule, I think the bus that comes past our street corner at about 7:30 will be his bus, but I just need to confirm all that, they never sent out any information on bussing. I might see her at Hannah's open house tomorrow too to ask.
Well it's now 20 min later and I need to get some sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment