
Video at the Mall of America (8-8-08), of their new song "Single" I kinda like it... to skip the talking part, fast forward to the song at about 2 min.
No, I'm not gonna talk about my kids in this post, but some other "kids" are on my mind.
Last Friday Hannah and I were supposed to go to the Mall of America to see my teenage love.....The New Kids on the Block, who where performing at 5:30pm. I ended up working until almost 3pm and decided that my love for NKOTB wasn't that strong after working hard all morning. Inside though, I was bummed. Yes I admit, hearing their new songs and even the old ones, I get all pumped again, just like when I was 16-17 yrs old. They were a huge part of my life, and that's hard to let go, when they are back after almost 20 years.
I searched You Tube for the best videos from the Mall of America show, but really didnt' find one, that captured the sound and picture very well, mostly lots of screaming. It's funny cuz the news stated the crowd was mostly women in their 30's. (he he). I wasn't sure what kind of crowd they'd have, but of course, none other than their old fans.
I went to every concert that was in our area, with my best friend-- at least 5--maybe more in a 2-3 year span. We spent nights waiting in line for tickets to go on sale. I think I was a little obsessed back then. It's funny to look back.
Even though I'm bummed not to see them at the MOA, I probably will buy their CD. They have a concert in October, but somehow my instincts didn't go crazy in having to get tickets--I've grown up a bit and then wondered who would go with me, and then decided I'm a mom , not a teenager anymore.....but gosh I would sure love to go to their concert :)
No comments:
Post a Comment