Sunday, August 24, 2008

Red Rooster Days approching

The time of year I always look forward to, will be a little different this year. Labor day weekend for me has always meant Red Rooster Days in Dassel, and my annual garage sale and preparations. This summer has been very busy that having to think about having a garage sale in a few days is ovewhelming. I'm glad I made the decision not to do it this year, and things have all fallen into place as to how this year will work out, and despite leaving out the garage sale, it's gonna be a busy enough week.
I'm training for front desk at the hotel all week, except Thursday I get a day off finally. Tuesday is Bailey first band experience, and he will pick up his trumpet and get to try it out in a group setting from 3-4pm. Wed night we have his middle school open house from 6-9pm and are excited to learn all about middle school......Bailey is a bit nervous. and then Thurs we have Hannah's open house where she will meet her new teacher, Mr Luke Kaarlgard (Mr. K). She is excited to have her friend Mileka in her class. Along with her social skills needing improvement, her Kdg teacher Mrs Allen recommended that they be in the same class as having Mileka around has helped Hannah open up more in class, she seems to be Hannah's support. Hannah did some social skills work in Kdg with the social worker, so I think that helped her last year and may continue that this year.

There is a chance we may hit the State Fair early in the day on Thursday, that is if my overworked husband will take a day off. (it was his idea, so maybe). Friday my parents come here, so will spend some of the day hitting the early garage sales, cleaning up the house, and then I work at 4pm.
Sataurday will be spent going to more sales, going to get groceries for Hannah's party and the parade is at 3pm as well. Sunday is Hannah's party and fireworks at night.

Happy Red Rooster Days!!

No comments: