Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Changes of life

Things are popping up in all directions, in addition to school starting soon and all that goes along with getting the kids ready for that there is alot of changes going on right now. It'll be somewhat of a relief after school starts though, and things may settle down.

I got (kind of) a new job. I will be training for the next 2 weeks at the hotel at the front desk. Starting on Tuesday next week I work 9 days in a row, doing both housekeeping and front desk training that week, and then the following week just front desk training all week with Thursday and Saturday my only days off.
After my training I will continue to do housekeeping during the week, with a evening shift or two, of front desk (4-10:30) a week. For now it's more or less a fill in position. I will also do every other weekend at the desk, and have weekends off in housekeeping unless in need. Weekends I will work the day shift (8-4) or possibly the 4-10:30 shift. It will be a pay raise and more hours to get us through the winter. I wonder how it will all work out with the kids, as I'm pulled away from them more and more. I hope Steve will step up and take over where I leave off, and I hope it all works out good.

My sister and her husband Wil have many new changes in their lives, which I feel bad for not being able to be there for them.
They have been house hunting for a good year or so, and finally got serious and found a house they loved. A little pricey, but they feel it's their limit and can make it work. It's in Menasha, and closer to both sets of parents, very close to my parents. They placed their offer and it was accepted, pending the sale of their house. So their house was put up for sale, and at the first Open House on Sunday there was already an interested party. It all worked out and they sold their house within the week. So they will be moving the week of Aug 24, and have to move in the middle of the week, becasue they have to be out by Aug 28. Lisa is freaking out, wondering how it can be such bad timing? With working and packing up in a few days and moving in the middle of the week with hardly anyone to help. Wil also got a new teaching job which is a welcomed change for him. I believe he will be teaching 6th grade now at a different school, but he also has meetings and getting his new room set up which is also a big move, so it's gonna be rough. Their anniversary is that weekend too, and they had plan to go to Madison (annual anniversary weekend trip), so they might just go for one night now, instead of 2. Hannah's birthday party is planned that weekend as well, as I was bummed to hear I planned it on her anniversary trip, and now with moving and my parents helping her, I may move Hannah's party back. Still not sure, even though my parents said they can still make it for the party, but Lisa can't.

Also my grandpa is still having heart problems. He has not been himself all summer. Still so weak, and not able to be active. His problems have been narrowed down to his heart. He has an irregular beat, and he had a procedure to shock his heart, which only worked for a short time. Today he goes in for a catherization procedure to look for a blockage, something the Dr's think can be the only reason for his lack of energy and irregular heart beat. It's killing my grandpa to be so laid up, as he always was not one to sit and do nothing for very long. I hope he can get thorough this, as it has been one long summer already. If they do find a blockage, he will require surgery, which involves many risks. So pray that everything works out the way it is supposed to.

Pray for God's guidance for me and my family through out the changes of life.

No comments: