Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The holidays are approaching....

Not much has been going on lately, but I know that will change as Christmas draws near. The month of December usually goes by pretty quick.
I have been cleaning the house the past few days, as I have a few days off. I got the urge to shampoo carpets...in which our livingroom carpet is so old, it hardly pays to do it, but it helps to get all that unseen dirt out. I also did our furnature and rugs and got in way over my head by rearranging and organizing everything...I have a bigger mess right now than when I started, but you know what, I kinda like getting it all back put together. In our house it's a challenge to find spots for everything and it's like a puzzle being put back together. I hope to get eveything in a spot over the next few days, before the kids (and husband) mess it all up again.
We finally have the yard cleaned up and are ready for winter, I guess... if it has to come. Not sure yet if Steve will do the ice rink again this year. Now is about the time he starts to get it ready and it is usually skatable by christmas. It takes a good 4 weeks of flooding it to get it ready....and lots of cold weather helps. He's been going back and forth about doing it, or not doing it this year, we will see.
I've added a few pictures onto this post from my friends wedding in WI, 2 weekends ago. This is a childhood friend that I've known for 30 years!!! We've had our ups and downs the last several years, well basicly since I moved to MN, 14 yrs ago!! It's been a struggle, but we have finally seemed to put that part behind us and are trying to move on, with just accepting each other for who we are, and just being the friends we remember being as kids. All those years are just too much to just give up and I'm glad we are reconnecting again. It was a joy to see her get married.





No comments: