Saturday, December 13, 2008

a good night

Hannah had a good night....she ate some soup at about 4:30pm last night Which she almost had to because her blood sugar level dropped again at 4:30 to 67. She just wouldn't drink anything I offered her all day. So I then convinced her to have some soup, it always has made her feel better in the past, in which she loved and ate the whole thing, I had to feed her though, not sure why, but I did, she liked that. Whatever to make her eat/drink. She had part of a blueberry muffin, and some juice as well. She laid in Bailey's room all day watching TV, and on and off sleeping, so I made probably a 100 trips up the steps all day. When I rechecked her at 5pm, her level was back up to normal. It just gets so scary when it gets too low, which up until now, at home we really only have been dealing with high's. We've been just going from one extreme to the other, also with her drinking SO much a week a ago and now wouldn't drink anything.
I didnt' give her any insulin all day, except at 5pm her long acting 24 hr Lantus dose. So we know we are off schedule when no insulin was given all day...no carbs taken in to give it to her for.
She slept good all night and in fact is still sleeping at and it's 9am!!, both kids need some catching up sleep. Her night-time check was normal and also did another one earlier this morning, just to make sure things weren't dropping again and it was good. I slept then until 8:30 which felt good.

So better get her up now and on to another day with diabetes. I think it will start to get better now, it's kinda early in the day to tell, but I can always hope.

Depending on how she feels we will be making christmas cookies this weekend.

No comments: