I'm beginning to think Bailey's headaches will never go away. It's frustrating, it's been a part of life for the past 6 years.
I have been reporting to the doctor now every month since July. I hope I'm seeing a pattern developing, but only time will tell.
In July he had 8 headaches on 20 mg, in August he had 7 headaches on 30 mg, and in September he had 6 headaches on 40 mg. hummm? He's now gonna be at 60 mg for October.
I think it's a postive pattern, but he has gone anywhere from 8-9 headaches to 4-5.
There never has been any consistancy. His average is 6 headaches per month since last January, after we started the medication.
The goal is to get him to 1-2/month. I sure hope we can get there, of course for his sake, as I will continue to do whatever it takes until then. I sometimes feel that it is not the medication that will end up helping him, that maybe it's more of controlling the triggers, but I also rely on the medication, as to maybe it will start to do what it's supposed to do, in preventing the headache, regardless of the triggers.
Last month he had a migraine that lasted forever. I called the doctor, and he then also prescribed Midrin, which is better than Motrin if we can catch it early enough. That day we apparently didn't, and since then we had to use it only one other time, when the headache seemed to last a bit longer. Bailey prefers the Motrin over the capsules, so therefore haven't been using it regularly. It's best to use it at the onset anyway, for it to take full effect.
Life goes on......
No comments:
Post a Comment