It seems as though its one thing after another lately. Everything is falling apart or breaking down...not to mention the entire house, but here's a few examples.
Our kitchen cupboards are hanging by pony tail holders now, to keep the doors from flapping open.
Our vacuum died, and it's only a few years old, it happened while my mom was using it a week or so ago. My dad took it home with them and had it fixed, it just needed some cleaning up. Thank goodness, I vacuum at least once a day if not more. Luckily I have a spare, that's also in not so good of shape, but it held up.
Ok, next is our printer. It stopped printing pretty much all together. I recieved a new printhead through contacting Kodak's website. There was no charge since our printer is only about 10 months old, still under the year warranty. Tried that and it worked for a few days, it was printing documents fine until I tried to print a picture, and then noticed that the colors weren't right. It now prints black good and most blues, wont' print greens or yellows, and the reds are pink. uuggh. So I called Kodak's technical support line, and they are now sending us a new printer. WOW. I just I hope I can trust the 2nd one to last longer than a year.
And finally our TV, which is the most frustrating, because our family can't hardly function without it. Our big 42 inch DLP TV has finally decided it needs replacement parts. It is only a little over 2 years since we bought it. It was a floor model, so that might account for some of our early problems. We were told to have the bulb/lamp in it replaced before our 3 year warranty expires next July, because those cost over $300. So so we expected to have to do that in the near future. Over the last year or so, it has acted up 3-4 different times where it says on the screen to, "check fan no. 2" and then the TV will automaticlly shut off after 5 minutes or so....probably from overheating. Our TV has 2 fans and a projection bulb/lamp. The past few times I've been able to open up the panal and vacuum out the area and get it working again. This time I've had no luck, so I called Best Buy last Saturday. I was set up for a service call today...it's been a long 5 days without our TV. We've managed with the playroom TV, which displays static every so often and we have to shake it to clear the picture. I've been used to doing this for Hannah when she wants to watch soemthing, which is rare. So it's just been an added annoiance. Plus there just isn't enough room in there. Bailey's little TV has been getting some more use as well, cuz like I said our family just doesnt' function well without one, we need 3 working TV to suit all of our needs. :)
The "Geek Squad" shows up this morning, he comes in, I explain the problem he takes a quick peek at the back (never opens anything up) and says he will order 2 fans, and I also explained about the bulb, and he said he will order one of those too, and then went on to say, they will call us when the parts are in, which is about 7-10 days, and we'll be back out with another service call to replace them. I said your kidding me, we have to wait another week? He said yup I have to order the parts. GOOD GRIEF!!! Within a minute after arriving, he was out the door, and said have a nice day, and drove away in his little Geek Squad mobile.
No comments:
Post a Comment