Kids didn't want to stop up at Rib Mountain on the way there, I was disspointed. I didn't want to force them, since I wanted to take some pictures and didn't want crabby kids.
Anyway, I got to see my friend Friday night, and her house that she is having built. We had a great night catching up, and had supper at the Italian restaurant Gratzies. We had a glass of wine and just talked, just like old times.( minus the wine of course.) We are at a rebuilding point in our friendship, it's been several rough years. We are childhood friends, who were inseperable in the summer months growing up. We attended different schools throughout childhood, so therefore had busy summers to catch up, it was easy cuz we just lived across the street. As we got older we grew closer together, and did more things outside of school time, but the time came when I moved to MN, and then things got a little shakey. It is finally now that I feel that same connection with her, as I did so many years ago. We are trying to get past all of the hurt and dissapointments, and move forward. She is getting married on November 15 and we'll be heading back to WI for the wedding.
I got to spend some time with my sister, on Friday morning before she went to work, we all went to the mall to have Hannah's bear stuffed at Build a Bear. Lisa got her the Hannah Montana Bear from there for her birthday, and we finally got her stuffed. Hannah named her "Savannah". Then we ate lunch at the mall before Lisa had to leave.
We visted my grandparents at their new apartment that afternoon, and I got to see them for a spaghetti supper at my parents house the next evening. We all played Apples to Apples after supper, and had so many laughs...it's impossible not to laugh in that game, esp. with 4 generations playing....makes for an intersting enjoyable time. My grandparents will be leaving for AZ on Saturday so I'm glad I had the chance to see them before they left, something I haven't yet had the chance to do.
Lisa/ Wil then had a football get together at their new house on Sunday, where we watched the Vikings and then the Packers play. My grandparents and parents and us were invited. It was a fun time. Lisa and Wil's house is beautiful and I am so jealous. Makes me more determined to better our situation so I can move.
Hannah and I went through the millions of pictures I have unorganized, as the rest watched football. (football is not our thing). We had many yummy snacks and then grilled out for supper, and then guess what???----- played Apples to Apples again, this time with Lisa and Wil added to the fun....it was even funnier.
Monday, then we had to come home, and as we approached Rib Mtn. I gave the kids the option to go up, and they AGREED!! Really?? Yeah!!! It was a windy chilly day, but the sun was shining, so I was happy to have the chance to get up there and take some fall pictures. The leaves were mostly blown off the trees, but we still saw a little color, and had fun romping in the leaves and climbing the big rocks at the top. On the way back down, we pulled over on the sid eof the road where there was a hiking trail. It was covered with leaves, so we kinda went off the trail a bit and headed into the woods. It was so much fun, and I think the kids enjoyed it there. Hannah even said she wanted to stay in the woods and camp. Silly girl.
Back home again, back to work, had 5 days off, now have to work the next 8 days in a row get one day off and then work 2 more before I get the following weekend off. I am also struggling with a cold, just some coughing and conjestion in my chest. I mostly feel fine, just sleeping is difficult with the laying down.
I had my yearly review at the hotel and got my annual raise. I can't believe I've been there a year already. I still have hopes of getting back to being a vet tech, but as the years go on, it looks slim. I still am certified until 2010, and am keeping my eye open for an oppourtunity. Otherwise my review at the hotel was great, they "love" me there, and I enjoy it there. (to a point). It's working out fairly well so far, so who knows where life will take me in that respect. I feel like this is where I should be now, but yet, have this feeling in the back of my head that I should be doing more with my love of animals or photography.






No comments:
Post a Comment