It's been a bit hectic around the Emery house....I feel like there is not enough time in the day. There are mini messes in every corner of the house, I can't seem to keep up with housework lately. Bailey has hockey almost every day, there is homework, school stuff, and trumpet practice to keep on top of too. Thank goodness Steve takes over the hockey part of it. The yard looks a bit caotic as well, as the leaves bearly have been touched....( my job for later today :). I've been working alot, and trying to keep on top of my exercising routine, so that takes up alot of my time.
I can't believe Halloween is almost here, it's my favorite holiday....we've been busy making halloween cookies, Hannah loves to bake.(and eat them)!!!!!! I have had most of my decorations up for about a month now, and we need to carve our pumpkins...hummm when are we gonna fit that in.....??
In between all the hockey this week, I have managed to squeeze in a follow up dentist appt. for Bailey today after school, to take care of 2 cavities. The kids had their dentist appts. a few weeks back. Hannah's teeth looked good, besides the fact that she STILL hasn't gotton in her permanent tooth, after loosing her baby tooth almost 2 years ago. They didn't take x-rays this time, but continue to show me the xrays from the last few times which clearly shows the tooth in there ready to pop through any time...hummm. She has a few semi loose teeth, teeth she says hurts a bit, but are not really very loose yet. She is a slow tooth looser, not to mention tooth grower. The dentist also said she does not have her 2nd molars yet, supposed to get those about age 4-5yrs. What the heck, oh no---is she gonna have teeth problems like her mommy ??
Also after school on Thursday the kids and I will trek to Hutch to get our flu shots, the kids are not to happy with me for scheduling that, but it's a part of life now days.... Hannah and I already have had one early season bout with colds/conjestion, and I don't want to take any chances this winter.
Tomorrow I have the day off (finally), I am gonna go to St Cloud to SHOP. I love that time to myself..... Bailey has decided last minute to dress up for Halloween, he wants me to run to Scheels and see if they still have the Patriot football dress up uniform set....if not he says he wants to be a ghost...we'll see what I can find...don't want to be running all over. Hannah of course, is gonna be Disney's "Hannah Montana"....she was so insistant, and would not even consider any other costume when she saw this one, but yet she will probably not wear the wig I bought her to go with it. I hope she changes her mind.
I also have $30 in Kohls cash, and hope to find a new winter jacket to use that money towards. I usually eat lunch at LeeAnn Chins, and then have to head home by about 2:30 to be back before the kids get home at 3:15 or so.
I guess we'll be carving pumpkins Thursday night, since there is no hockey and then we'll be all set for the "big night" on Friday. It's supposed to be a nice night for "trick or treating".
My grandparents are on their way to Arizona and should be within a day or so of arriving. I worry about them driving so far at their age, and grandpa having been so sick this summer....so maybe this will be their last year of driving and they will consider flying.
I have recently found out my father in law has cancer (prostate/bladder), although the outlook is uncertain, I am hopeful that he will be able to get though it. He has some surgery/treatment to get through, and I am looking to God for strength for him and his family to be strong and supportive.
Also I have learned that my good friend from high school has been recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. After a what seemed to be a minor car accident last year, she has continued to have pain, which seemed to set off the disease. She has improved but the disease is so unpredictable, she can have some good days and some very bad days. The pain in her body however, is almost constant to one degree or another. She is struggling with accepting this for her life, not being able to do things she loves and even to the point of dealing with her family differently. I just told her to continue to do the things she loves on her good days and don't give up, don't let the disease define who you are. Her friends and family are here for her.
oh, one more rambling....and we finally got our TV back. It was a bit of a struggle but the handy dandy Geek Squad guy came through for us. It had been 2 full weeks since the guy was here the first time and had to order parts for our TV. I was told they would call us, but we were becoming increasing impatient every day that passed. So I called them last Wed to see what was up, and they told me that the parts were in.(ok so why weren't we called)...whatever, so she set me up with a service call to install them, and the earliest day was Nov 3. Once again, I stated, are you kidding me? That's another almost 2 weeks away.!!! She said he was busy and that was the earliest, whatever...uuggh.
So now we are even more angry that they never called us to say the parts were in and that we have to wait again. I then proceeded to call Best Buy in Waite Park/St Cloud to see if we can bring our TV in to them to either get fixed or exchanged. I was ready to be done with the TV altogether, and get a new one. Of course they said no, and no returns after 3 months. But the man on the phone was very helpful, although he wasn't able to help me right then, he had to take all my information and relay the message to a Geek Squad Supervisor, I guess he was only the manager. He told me we would have a solution to our situation in 24-48 hours and they would contact me. So already by the next morning a woman calls me from the Bloomington Best Buy, and says that the tech that has our TV parts would have some time available that day, which was last Thursday between 12-3pm. I worked at 9am, and Steve was working in Waverly, so had him come home for ,lunch in case the tech came, and I was home by 12:45 or so. Steve went back to work and the tech came at about 1:20pm. I thanked him so much for sqeezing us in, and he had our parts installed in about 30 min or less. He was very nice and we are so happy to have our TV back working.
Well I better get out to get some leaves bagged up.
Will post some more pictures soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment