Felt uneasy using the wart remover product, in which the bandaid fell off this morning, so only had the product on for about 12 hours. It's changed it's appearance to more of a white color, so will leave it alone until I can be certain what to do or use and will check in to her diabetes clinic on Monday to see what I'm supposed to do.
.................................................
UPDATE ON THE WART--I bought another product that says it's safe for kids, but still says not to use if diabetic/have poor circulation. I just felt better about the safe for kids label and figured she doesn't have poor circulation or sores that are hard to heal....yet.
But then after getting this product home, it is the freezing the wart off kind (which I knew), but after reading those instructions, I don't think Hannah would go for this type of treatment at all--sounds like it might hurt, and even to the point of causing a sore or blister. I guess with diabetics with poor circulation and sores that take longer to heal, this may not be the best way to go either, not knowing how her foot will react, plus she would never let me freeze it.
I decided a little too late to call the diabetes clinic, as they were closed already at 4:30 when I tried to call about my dumb question.
I was just goona leave it alone until Hannah then wanted to try the "bandaids", so we put one on tonight and we'll keep an eye on it closely. Supposed to keep it on for 2 days, and keep changing it, and will deal with the situation as it comes. I'll see how it is on Monday and probably call the clinic to see what else we can do. Otherwise we go back on Wed the 21st for an appt. so I can ask then too I guess. Just seems so silly of a thing to be dealing with right now.
******************************************************************
Not the best of topics to write about...LOL.
Hannah has seemed to develop a wart on the bottom of her foot. Hmmmm, at least that is what it looks like to me. She has actually had this "bump" on her foot for a few months, we've been keeping an eye on it. It is now to the point of sort of bothering her, as she brings it up more and more to look at it.
Of course I would touch it, and evaluate it every time. So I finally went an bought these bandaid type things that have some medicine in it to get rid of the ugly wart.
Now is not the time to start researching warts....I brought the box home and started reading the instructions on the back. It has warnings of NOT to use if you are diabetic. So there I sit with the box of wart remover bandaids, and it tells me not to use them on her. First of all why didn't I read the box, before choosing the perfect wart remover...but then again why would I, I am buying wart remover, not sugar or carbs.
So then I go online to find out WHY I cannot use this product on my diabetic daughter, and really didn't get an answer, but did find out that maybe this product should not even be used on kids. So I will search on maybe getting another over the counter product that I can use on a diabetic child. Hannah insists that I find a product to be able to use, and she also will not use the ones I already bought, because she trusts when it says not to use on a diabetic, not to use it, even though I'm still questioning why. Anyone know??
Also I read online that warts are a virus (I did not know this, or maybe I did, but forgot). They are contagious!!! and not to touch them, because they can spread easily. Needless to say Hannah or I haven't touched her wart since I found out, hopefully it's not too late. I also found out her wart is called a Planter's wart, being that it's on her foot. If I can't find something to use on her foot, maybe we'll go to the Dr to find out the options, as it is getting sore to walk. I did read online that warts can be left alone and will most likely dissappear in 6 mo to a few years...but I'm not sure she wants to wait that long, esp. if it will hurt worse before going away.
I remember having 2-3 warts on my hands when I was a teenager. I think they probably were spreading from touching them, now that I think about it. I got rid of my warts by a old fashioned way that my great grandmother told me works!! Rub a potato on it several times a day. By golly!! It did work after a few weeks I think it only took. So that may be my option with Hannah, to avoid the doctor.
No comments:
Post a Comment