




Decided to set up the tent in the backyard last night, and we pretended we were "camping". It didn't turn out quite as planned, but it was fun. I got the tent from my parents, they were gonna sell it, but decided I'd take it, for some future use. Steve and Bailey aren't much for camping though.
We had a "picnic" supper, Bailey preferred to eat inside with the TV.
Then the kids went swimming in the "lake" (aka: pool), while I tried to set up the freakin tent--HA!! One person can not set up a tent. So I called the kids over to help, they whined of course, but I tried to keep the situation calm. Not only can 1 adult not set up a tent, but 1 adult and 2 kids can't either. I figured I needed to wait until Steve got home and gave up in frustration as poles were falling over. So just as I had given up, I started a camp fire. A few minutes later, grandpa Steve came over and surprised us. He asked if he should go home and get his sleeping bag.......... kids were being loud and obnoxious in the pool and suddenly when grandpa came and asked to sleep in the tent, they got real quiet, and said ahhhh, no!
Grandpa just came over to take them to the mushroom bldg activities in town, which they have music, ice cream and popcorn every Friday night. They always liked to go with grandpa to that, but apprently have outgrown that routine, and continued to swim.
I got my extra adult, and took advantage of grandpa and had him help me with the tent. We got it up in just a few minutes, and 2 adults is exactly what it takes. yea!
Steve got home a short time later, and we sat and vistited. Kids got out their golf clubs and started hitting wiffle type balls around the yard and having fun. We got all the pillows, sleeping bags, etc out to the tent. We had marshmellows and smores over the fire and I popped some popcorn as the kids wanted to watch a movie in the tent.
Steve decided he was gonna be a party pooper and he took and shower and went to bed (in the house). He says his back is too sore. The kids and I got our flashlights together and headed out to watch 'George of the Jungle 2". We all came back in a bit later to use the potty and then Hannah and I fell asleep and Bailey watched the entire movie until about 11:30pm. He tried to fall asleep for awhile, and decided our secluded campsite, was too loud. We had highway traffic, trains, and just misc. city noises, and finally Bailey said, "I'm going in the house". ( don't hear that too often camping). So off he went to the comforts of his room, about 11:45pm. Hannah and I slept in the tent all night. It was a nice night, I woke up a few times during the night, and Hannah I relaly didn't hear much from her all night until she finally woke up at a little before 7am, and had to go potty, so she went, and came back and I told her to go back to sleep for a little bit. It was pretty bright in the tent, even though it was a cloudy morning and she couldn't sleep anymore. So about 7 we came in and ate some cereal. Bailey of course is still sleeping in the comfort of his bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment