Thursday, July 17, 2008

summer, sun & swimming

"Hannah Montana"


The girls swimming (Hannah, Elizabeth, Lydia)




The girls have the giggles...

*****************************************
Hannah has been enjoying the pool this summer. She is just learning (getting brave enough) to get her face in the water. She took swimming lesssons when she was 4, but refuses to try it again. I think she liked the lessons, but they kept wanting her to get her face wet and she wouldn't. So that has taken her awhile, and I should have started younger with her in the water. I thought I was doing that by getting her in lessons at 4, apparently not young enough. I was way behind with Bailey and he took his first lessons at the same time as Hannah, and he was 8, just learning then to get his face wet at 7-8 yrs old. I trust that Bailey can swim fairly good now, but wish he would have continued lessons as well, which he also now refuses. He did pass level one and tried once in level 2, and needed to take that one again, but now he feels he's too old for that. Level 2, is like for 2nd-3rd graders.
So maybe I can get Hannah in level one soon if they offer it again soon, now that she can somewhat get her face wet. Elizabeth and Lydia are little fish and have no problem going under the water, even little Lydia at 4 yrs old. They go to their grandma/pa's lake all summer long though (Long Lake here in Dassel), and were started very young swimming, I think. Elizabeth is even water skiing already!!
Bailey usually joins Hannah in our pool, and I play Radio Disney Online, outside on the computer speakers. I have only been in the pool once so far, but most times it's been Hannah and her friends, Elizabeth and Kendall. Elizabeth's sister, Lydia, is now old enough to join in on the fun, as she is now 4, and apparently old enough to come over now. She is so excited as she has wanted to "come over and play", since last year. She loves Hannah, and has told her so. :)

I took some pictures today of them swimming, since I had the camera. Minus Kendall though, who just happens to not be here today, WOW.

No comments: