Bailey has his follow up appointment with the doctor at the neurology clinic in Mpls. tomorrow. I think we were supposed to go back for a recheck in April, but wanted to wait to give this medicine time to work. I was hoping to avoid another trip to Mpls. but since the medicine isn't working, I'd like to see what he has to say.
Bailey started a preventitive for migraines on January 18, 2008, at the lowest dose of 10mg. It was upped a month later to 20 mg. He's been on that since Feb 15, 2008.
His headaches really haven't lessend in amount. Motrin always helps right away, and very rarely will he get sick....that happens maybe once or twice a year. He has had a few dizzy spells, maybe 4 times, in the last 7 months, so not sure that is too significant. The medicine can make him dizzy, so I guess I attribute the dizziness to that, since he has never complained about that before.
Total progression of headaches so far has been:
Jan 18--Feb 17------9
Feb 18-March 17-----8
March 18-April 17---7
April 18- May 17----3
May 18- June 17-----8
June 18-July 17-----5
July 18--Aug 17-----2 (have until mid Aug. yet)
So I guess you can see why something called a preventitive medicine, isnt' really helping him. I think he'd have just as many without having to take medicine.
I will let you know what the doctor says tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment