It was a sad send off today, as Hannah left with grandma and grandpa back to WI. Usually she is thrilled to go, but not so today. My parents were here for 2 days to catch Bailey's baseball game on Thursday. The plan was to bring Hannah back with them for a week when they left today. Hannah decided just before leaving, she didn't want to go. It took a little talking to her to convince her she should go. Heck she was all packed up, and counting down the days. She has been very attached to me lately, so I think some of reason was just leaving me. I told her she'd have way more fun there, as I have to work 5 of the 6 or 7 days she is gone. I planned on painting her room while she is gone too, and said I wouldn't do it if she stayed home.
She is very stubborn and almost didn't think she would go. Finally, she did agree to go, but was sad. I know the minute she gets there, she will be fine. She doesn't care for the long drive either, since we just did it a few weeks ago, but she is used to it, so there again, she'll get through it. It was a little more difficult to let her go this time knowing she is sad, but it also was a relief she decided to go, since it was all planned. We have never done it this way either, her just leaving from our house to go with them back, usually we meet 1/2 way or I just have left her in WI too, so maybe this was a little different for her. At least with the 1/2 way drive there, she has me with her, and once we meet them, she probably figures there is no changing her mind now.
Bailey will go next week, my parents are gonna take it day by day, the plan was to meet 1/2 way on Friday to get Hannah and drop Bailey off, but now they want to come see Bailey's last baseball games on Thursday, so they may just drive all the way back here on Thursday, and go back with Bailey on Sat. Bailey's team has to win one more game, to play in the championship game.
No comments:
Post a Comment