The proof I have is pictures. It tells the story... Bailey was supposed to get a new bed. A queen mattress set that will NOT go up our stairway, nor will it fit through a window or any other way. ( it was offered to us by Steve's sister and brother in-law).
They didn't make these old houses to fit queen mattress sets upstairs. We have a queen bed but it's a Sleep Number bed that comes apart in pieces. It's the only way to go in here I guess.
So right now the matress set sits in our downstairs "playroom", like it is part of the room.


Upstairs is the worst, because in order to make room for the new queen mattress set, I pulled Bailey's twin bed apart, and his twin box spring is in the hallway and one twin mattress in the bathroom ( from the bunk bed I took apart for Hannah), and the other mattress is still in his room to sleep on. Although it's a bit hard to find, with the new project that Bailey and Steve have decided to embark on, sports card sorting. They really did pick a good time to do it, might as well make another mess, when I didnt' know what to do with the first mess.
Bailey's "card" room


there is a bed in there somewhere:

the twin box spring in the hallway

even a mattress in the bathroom:

Finally our room has a new open corner because I gave Hannah my desk..... remember. That corner didn't stay empty for long though, of course it has to be utilized. It is now filled with the bunk bed railings and ladder, and a few bins of collecting garage sale stuff. Then I ran out of bins, and Hannah decided to clean out her room and get rid of things to sell this fall, and now I have a corner in my room dedicated to future garage sale items.

In another spot of our room, I have 2 1/2 bins of things from my desk, that I now have to figure out what to do with. I have a brilliant idea....I think I need a desk. OK... It's not really a financial option, so I still have to think of plan B.

I think I pretty much covered our turned upside down tornado house. It missed the living room and kitchen for now, and I work very hard every day to keep those rooms free from clutter. I just move the clutter to an already messy room. For now I've given up on the mess until I have a plan. I can't wait for my garage sale this fall and it should clear up some of our disaster, that is a long time to wait though. :(
Just as a reminder, my sale is open to anyone who wants to donate or drop off stuff to sell. If you have it marked with a price and initials, we keep track and you will make some $$. We didn't do it last year, and did a spring Memorial Day weekend sale instead. This year it will be back to Labor Day weekend.--
It is Dassel's 50th Anniversary of Red Rooster Days!!
My sale will be from Thurs Sept 3- Labor Day (7th). Most likely, I will NOT run the sale on Sunday the 6th, and have a birthday party for Hannah on that afternoon.
Happy Spring!! We've really had some nice days lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment