3rd Annual 1st grade bike rally. It's been an anticipation for all the 1st graders since the beginning of the school year. What a beautiful day for a bike ride, I was even excited for all the 1st graders of Dassel Elementary. I went down to the school this afternoon to see them take off on their ride down the new path in Dassel towards Spring Lake Park. My excuse for not riding along with is I don't have a bike. I should have just grabbed Steve's, cuz once I walked down there I wanted to ride with, it looked like fun. My idea was just to go down and see this sight, of 80 some 1st graders on their bikes and take some pictures. Hannah of course saw me, and then put on her serious pose. I give the teachers credit for keeping organization !! I thought it would be a mass of bikes and unrulely kids. They were all well behaved and listening. 80 kids went back in school, put their prizes away, went potty, put helmets on, got in a line and were off on their ride in a matter of 15 minutes. WOW.
They spent the whole day learning about bike safety, got free helmets, t-shirts and a prize. 8 lucky kids even won a new bike... those that needed a new bike were put into a drawing. What a fun day, I'm sure when Hannah gets home from school she will be talking non stop about her day.
1st grade teachers giving out the prizes--Hannah is coming up to get hers

There's Hannah ready for the ride

Hannah is in the center of the picture ( purple and pink bike)



Mr Luke Karlgaard ( Hannah's teacher)-- leader of the pack

Hannah is close behind him



No comments:
Post a Comment