Saturday, May 16, 2009

Walking with Dinosaurs


We went to a show at the Target Center in Mpls. on Thursday night(5-14-09) called, Walking with Dinosaurs--an Arena Spectacular. We were given some tickets from Steve's sister, which she was supposed to come with, along with her daughter, but it didn't work out.
I wasn't sure what to expect, but Hannah was all out excited, as she had a section in school devoted to learning about dinosaurs and just recently did a research project, and she had even written a report, I think it was a class generated report, nonetheless she had it all written out. We've checked out books at the library since then, and even bought some books at Goodwill. When she found out we were going to a Dinosaur show, she was thrilled. Kinda odd for a 7 yr old girl, and I thought she might be scared, but loved it, and it was a good show for all ages.
We got there just in time, as the lights were dimmed, and the music started, it was history coming alive.(or so they say)
The show was very detailed, and it went though all the dinosaur periods, bringing out actual looking, moving replicas of many of the dinosaurs, it was neat to see....they were BIG and LOUD. Yet the part I had to explain to my kids was them claiming it was millions of years ago, and how the world evolved over those millions of years. It's the part of science, that doesn't agree with our beliefs. The kids really enjoyed the show however and we didn't get out of there without buying something...Hannah wanted the program, so she can bring it to her class for sharing time. Good idea I thought, $20 later, hummmm.
We got home a little after 10pm, and the kids went right to bed. Hannah slept the whole way home, and Bailey tried.

Here's some of the pictures I took.

T-Rex and her baby

Utahraptors

T-Rex (see the man- "paleontologist"- in the lower right corner? Size comparison on how big these dinosaurs are)-- they were BIG and LOUD, esp. the T Rex, made us jump out of our seats a couple of times.

Ankylosaurus

Torosaurus

Brachiosaurus

Brachiosaurus

Stegosaurus

Plateosaurus

No comments: