Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day 2009



I had a good Mother's Day, in that my kids are so special to me. Even after all these years, I can't believe I AM a mom. Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but also the most special, rewarding and loving. Bailey and Hannah made me some cute things. Hannah brought home a plant from school with a nice card she colored, and Bailey made me a wooden game in his woodshop class. Hannah also colored something for me in sunday school and Steve, the wonderful husband and dad that he is bought me a book, "Jon and Kate Plus 8- Mulitple Bles8ings". He knew I wanted a book to read, so he thought this would be a good one. He knows I like true stories, if anything, so I think it will be perfect.



I had to work for a few hours on Sunday,(bummer) and thought thoughout about how I should be with my kids and my family, and why am I not. I was relieved when Jenna, our manager called in and told us we could leave early, which ended up to be about 1:30pm. I made it home just in time to shower and head out to eat with Steve's mom, grandma and sisters. Although it's always a nice time, I often wish I could be with my mom and grandma on Mother's Day and shared more of the day with my kids and husband, instead of working. It's just a day- and I hope that each time I am able to see them I show them just how much I love and appreciate them. Love you mom and grandma and I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day !! Miss you.

Ten Blessings for Your Home this Mother's Day
by Holley

PEACE

May there be peace within your walls.
Psalm 122:7 NIV

JOY

May the God of hope fill you with all joy.
Romans 15:13


STRENGTH

May our Lord...encourage your hearts and strengthen you.
II Thessalonians 2:16, 17


SUCCESS

May He give you the desire of your heart
and make all your plans succeed.
Psalm 20:4

COMFORT

May Your unfailing love be my comfort.
Psalm 119:76

GRACE

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ…be with you.
II Corinthians 13:14

FAVOR

May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us.
Psalm 90:17

KINDNESS

May the Lord now show you kindness.
II Samuel 2:6

PROTECTION

May Your love and Your truth always protect me.
Psalm 40:11

LOVE

May Your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord,
even as we put our hope in You.
Psalm 33:22

No comments: