Thursday, May 14, 2009

Spring has sprung around the Emery house

BLEEDING HEARTS BUSH


I love flowers, I love taking pictures of flowers, I love our flowering trees and wish they could stay like this, I love gardening and planting flowers.
I really really do love flowers. :) he he he

Here are some pictures I took this afternoon, on this beautiful blooming spring day. We have a plum tree, a cherry tree and an apple tree--this is the year for bountiful fruit, I can feel it. The trees are loaded with blossoms. Last year we had just a couple of blossoms on both the apple tree and the cherry tree. I think we got 2-3 cherries and 2 apples. The apple tree is filled with blossoms, and we might get 10 cherries this year!!! (I let u know what our harvest is).

PLUM TREE BLOSSOMS




APPLE TREE BLOSSOMS





CHERRY TREE BLOSSOMS


I am hoping to prune our grape vines, anyone know anything about them? They have started to get grapes the last few years, but they only get so big and then quit growing. I think I need to prune the vines, so that they are not so bushy. Maybe one of these years we'll have grapes.


Our garden is getting ready and hoping to make a few improvements in it this year regarding all the weeds. The raspberries and strawberries are lookin good, and still trying to survive and produce fruit is the kiwi plant and the blackberry bush.

OUR RASPBERRIES


Stay tuned.....our lilac tree is just starting. I love that fragrance, but the blossoms only last a few short weeks.

No comments: