Bailey was not just sent off to school today, but off on a bus to the middle school, to spend the morning with the 5th graders. He was a bit nervous starting last night and I think that brought on the headache he got at bedtime. I thought he was gonna get sick. I gave him some Motrin, and he fell asleep fine and woke up fine. He was concerned after we had the discussion before bed that he was to ride the bus from the elementary to the middle school. The walkers were supposed to meet at school to catch one of the middle school busses by 7:45am and all the regular bus riders are to ride right to the middle school. He wanted me to just bring him to the middle school. He's not normally worried about stuff like this, and has rode a bus many times, but I said we'd talk about it in the morning, but I preferred he'd just do the bus with everyone else.
Still yet this morning, he wanted me to bring him, and he was just unsure about everything. So I decided to walk Hannah to school (playground), and then walked Bailey up to the front of school to where the kids were for the busses, when he saw all the kids waiting, he seemed fine, and went to where they were and I walked back home then. I said will you be fine, and he said yes. I think he just needed that reassurance as to where to go and that other classmates will also be there with him. He kept saying I dont' know what to do, and I said you dont' have to know what to do, your teachers will be there to help you. So I definatly think this is a good idea, to get some of the nerves out now for next school year, gives them a little bit of an idea what middle school will be like.
His class along with the 1st-3rd graders will also attend a play there in the afternoon, called "Give the Mouse a Cookie", and then head back to the elem. school for the end of the day.
He came home and said he had a good day, so he survived a day at middle school. Each kid was paired up with a 5th grader, and he said his 5th grade buddy for the day, was Grant, from hockey, so that made it easier too.
No comments:
Post a Comment