Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sale = Success

My sale was a success!! I am so glad I decided to do it, as normally it is quiet for Memorial weekend around town, but several sales popped up all over town. Our neighbor across the street also set up some of his stuff Thurs. and Friday, which also helped draw people over our way. We had picture perfect weather on Thurs and Friday and many people were out and about. Saturday was our slow day, and the weather was colder and windy, but it was worth the $100 or so we made that day. Our total sale was over $600.
I got sunburned despite the sun screen I applied. It was my first sun of the year, so my nose usually gets fried, and my arms and upper chest was exposed too. I feel like a fried lobster. The sun and wind also affected my lips, and I was constantly applying lip stuff. So all in all, it went well though, and I probably will store what's left for a Super Huge Labor Day sale-- 2009. I thought I got rid of alot of stuff, and glad alot of the bigger stuff went, but now that we packed everything back up, I still have over 20 bins of stuff...how can that be?? When it's all spread out it didnt' look like that much was left.
Oh well. I'm sure I will find more to sell in a year and a half, and we'll have one doosy of a sale.
We have to work on our spending though, so that I can get to a point where there really isn't much to sell, but it always seems as though there is with kids growing out of stuff.

No comments: