picture was taken Friday didn't have my camera when he was all decked out in his Twins attire on Thursday.Bailey was able to go to the Twins game on Thursday afternoon, with the school. He was a part of the school patrol (crossing guard), and as a reward for helping out, they got to go to the game. Bailey has been looking forward to this all year. He saw the Twins play the Texas Rangers and saw a good game with losts of scoring. The Twins ended up loosing in the 10th inning 7-8. Bailey bought a foam finger, which he said he was gonna do before he left. He can add it to his collection.
I played the dumb mom on Thursday, as I thought that the note sent home on Wed night somehow pertained to him for the Twins game. Steve was supposed to chaperone or go along, and couldn't at the last minute, due to work. The note sent home was for Steve as a chaperone, but somehow I read it differently, and make it pertain to Bailey...it said he didn't have to be at school until 9:45am, and they were leaving at 10:15am. Of course this all was meant for Steve. I let Bailey sleep in, take his time getting up and ready, I was out starting the garage sale, at 8am. Bailey was bored all morning, playing video games, riding his bike, etc. I felt odd letting him out and about doing whatever, with most kids in school. Stephen, who lives down the street, was also going to the game, so about 9am and Bailey doing alot of complaining that he was bored, I said what is Stephen doing he must be home, and Bailey responded, that well, I think he is at school. It then, at that very moment clicked in both our minds, that Bailey was to be at school (of course). I then realized that that note I read was meant for chaperones to be there at 9:45am, etc. Bailey was anxious to get to school to cure his bordem, so I sent him off at 9:15am, with a note that read, well.... how I misunderstood certain things, which is why Bailey was late today. It was a classic dumb moment for me and we all had a good laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment