Monday, June 16, 2008

Ask for Bob. He's the best Directv guy around.

I never thought I'd blog about the stupid Directv guy, but I have to say that not all Directv guys are actually that bad. In fact Bob, is top notch in his field.
He's been to our house before, once we didn't need him, we figured out our problem and cancelled the service call, but apparently he didnt' get the cancellation and came at 8am sharp, while we were setting up our garage sale Labor day weekend. He also came another time last year, I believe, to help fix some problem.

Over the last 2 years since receiving HDTV and the new dish installed in our backyard on a pole, we've had "spring" problems, and weather related problems from the dish moving.

Again today, we had a 8am-12noon service call, and I hate not knowing when they are coming, well today I was up about 7:20am, and ready for him at 8am, and Bob called at 7:45am to see if I was up and ready, and I'm like, sure, come on over. He came BEFORE 8am sharp.....even better. Bob is my favorite Directv guy by far. Why didnt' we get him the first time??.....uuggh.

Bob informed me today, that the idoit who installed our dish, while doing a few things right (by putting it right side up into the ground), mostly didnt' do much right, including just dumping a small amount of cement into a hole and not mixing it. So our pole never really was cemented in even though we were told it was. Bob, dug the new hole and showed me all the powedered cement in the dirt that never set into cement.
Bob then put a screw into the pole to help stablize the pole when the cement is poured in. He says his poles never move, where as our pole was doing dances in the rain.

Over last summer, we made several sevice calls and one of the "idoit" guys came was here for 5 min, becasue we didn't have a signal, got the signal set up and when I asked him to cement it in better, he said he didnt have cement with him and we should do it ourselves. Well (of course), we never did, which is why the service call today....... back to spring storms, knocking our dish out of alignment AGAIN. Bob says, most of his service calls are fixing what the other guys mess up and he just shook his head when I said they told us to just cement it in.

Bob has the pole cement setting right now, and is doing another call in the area and will be back shortly to put the dish on, and get us set back up.
I get so crabby dealing with this satalite over the last couple of years, it is such a relief to know that it's almost fixed, hopefully forever !!! I can't live without TV, I guess. Makes me crabby knowing that we dont' have TV, yet I dont' watch it all that much.

No more Directv guys comin to my house, but if I do have a problem, I will ask for Bob!

UPDATE: Well Bob left, after encountering a new problem,(uuggghhh) once he had everything hooked up, our signal kept going out. He reset our receiver and it came back on, and after a few minutes went back out. He replaced our cord, and then it seemed to work, and he left. Hes said to call his cell number if there was any problems. Bailey was then watching TV and I had to reset it twice because the signal went out after a few minutes of it being on. So I called him on his cell, and he said he'll bring out one of the newer receivers which he should be getting tomorrow, but I had to call Directv and set up another service appt. UUGGH. So I did was on hold forever again, and finally the lady says her case manager has to call me back within 2 hrs, and set up the appt, she can't. I wasnt' even complaining and it was no big deal, but she was looking at all our past history and notes and said this is an unresolved situation and only her case manager can set up the appts now.
I got that call back and it's now set up for tomorrow, with a "lead technician", to come and assess the situation. Now according to the guy on the phone it may not be the receiver and it may have more to do with how he installed our dish, as he did replace it with the more updated version, and may have not grounded it correctly. So I may have jumped the gun with how wonderful Bob is. I had a hard time believeing our receiver was all of a sudden bad when that wasn't even the problem in the first place, but I trusted Bob, too much I guess, and was willing to just accept getting a new updated receiver would solve life's problems.
I have to work tomorrow, and he is coming between 12-4pm, so hopefully I can be home before he comes, or grandma will have to let him in to get started. Is it too soon to hope tomorrow this will be resolved ???

No comments: