My grandpa is a strong man, and I often view him as a young 83years old(?), although life has thrown him a loop. Life has not been pleasant the last 3 weeks, just shortly after they got back from warm Arizona mid May to the cooler temps of Wisconsin, he started not feeling well. It has gotton progressivly worse, even though he continued to think it was the flu, he was having a hard time getting over it. He is tired and weak at this point. His back has also been giving him problems, which is out alignment and he needs to be seen by a chiropractor on a regular basis for awhile, once he's feeling better.
Finally he decided at 2am last night he couldn't take it anymore and mom and grandma took him in. He is in the hospital with pneumonia. At least now, after so long, he can be treated and mend. I am thankful that he will be ok, and back to himself soon, as our family get-together is next weekend !! I know God is by his side giving him the strength he needs. I hope he is well enough to make the drive to IL so I can see him. I treasured that fact that Bailey was able to make the trip to AZ this spring and spend that time with them. They both are getting older now, and I need to not take them for granted, which is hard living so far away, and only seeing them once or twice a year. I just want them to know I think of them often, even though at times they may not know it, and my family over there in WI/IL is so important to me. I miss you all and will see you soon.
1 comment:
Hi Sheri,I just had to write and tell you how Grandpa loved what you said abouthim in your blog. He even got all choked up. That was so nice of youand we both can't wait to see you and your family again. We so enjoyedhaving Bailey with us for a couple of weeks. We just don't get to seeall of you enough. Grandpa didn't seem much improved last night when wevisited him but I guess it takes time. The Lord will help him getbetter. It is just he was so active that I hate to see him like this. Idon't think he will be able to go to Aaron's for the party because theriding would irritate his back which is still not good either. But Ihope to ride down with Gregg and Vicky. So I'll see you then. Takecare. Love,Grandma
Post a Comment