Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Our 1st day of summer vacation....

It's finally here....no more school....it's summer vacation.

So far it started out a bit rough...Hannah's neighbor friend Kendall, came over yesterday after school and Hannah opened the screen front door, somehow, it came back and slammed her in the face before she could get out of the way, Kendall didn't realize it had happened, and Hannah was in the house tending to her "owie" (bascilly standing in the corner holding her cheek). Then I came to the front yard realizing Kendall was standing there wondering where Hannah went. When we found Hannah, she said she hurt her cheek on the door, no tears, no crying, no nothing, but when I looked at her cheek, it was obvious something hit her pretty hard. Just a few quiet tears came, as she said it hurt. It was swelling up pretty fast so I suggested ice, and she refused. Hannah was obviously hurting and disturbed, so I told Kendall that Hannah wasn't in the mood to play right now and sent her home. All of a sudden, Hannah just started crying uncontrollably. There wasn't really anything I could do, except offer her ice, and she still refused. So I set her in the playroom to cry it out, as Bailey is yelling I cant' hear the TV .....can you tell her to be quiet.>>uhhhh, nope nothing is working.
Finally I left the ice pack next to her and let her be, and she eventually put it on her cheek, on her time...stubborn. !! She has a nice little bump and bruise.

This morning I was supposed to work, but was called @7:30am, to tell me I didnt' need to come in today, and I had just gotton the kids up @7am. A little upset that I just woke the kids up and they could have slept in on their first day of vacation. Bailey was up pretty late last night too watching the hockey finals...it went into triple overtime and I couldn't get him to stop watching it, he was up at least past 10:30pm, I even went to bed at 10pm. He must have fell asleep during it, because he said missed seeing who won. Thank goodness for Sportscenter/ NHL network in the morning.
So he is dragging today and has had a headache already. I just got a look when I told him to go take a nap.
The kids and I spent the earlier morning watching my high school graduation, (we were all up anyway). They thought I looked pretty funny, and wondered if daddy was there :)
I spent the rest of the morning cutting grass, trimming, and planting the few plants I had left to plant yet, as Bailey rode his bike around and Hannah played with Elizabeth...took me from 9:30am-12noon. Looks as though rain may be coming.

Hannah is watching her "baby videos", now, and that is keeping her occupied, since all she can think about is getting the pool up so she can swim or setting up the sprinkler. So to get her mind off that, and her constant asking, had to come up with a plan. It's keep her more entertained than the graduation.

In a few weeks Bailey is looking forward to basketball camp, which is coming up June 16-19, 4 days of basketball from 2-5pm. Besides baseball, it will give him something else to do that week.
Hannah is also excited to learn she was accepted into the gymnastics class. I signed her up a few weeks ago, but was told that the class was already full (only a week and 1/2 after we got the sign up book). Apparently that class fills up fast, and I was waiting at the time for the money to pay for it and confirmation that she really wants to do it. I guess I waited 10 days too long. She was first on the waiting list, so I had some hope. She was so bummed, after I had hyped her up about doing it, and then having to tell her she can't. Today they called and said they added a few spots and she is signed up for the class. We are thrilled. I was going to write them a letter of dissapointment, but never took the time and realized that's just how those classes are, first come first serve. It was suggested by Hannah's teacher to keep her involved this summer with kids, as it can only help develop her social skills more. I agreed, which is why this class is so important to us, and I couldn't convince her to try anything else....yet. I am so glad she can do this. It's once a week (Thursday mornings) for 5 weeks. I had already asked off of work for those Thursdays too, I'm glad it all worked out.

No comments: