Hannah met a girl today named Emma, and she just turned 9. She is the granddaughter of our neighbors in the house behind us. She is from Colorado, and her dad is our neighbors son. Her mom stayed back in CO, while her and her dad, made the trip to MN. Emma's dad and our neighbor, Rob and another son went on a Boundary Waters trip for a few days, and Emma is staying with her grandma this week. (our neighbor Barb). When I heard she was coming and she was 9, I didnt' think of it as much of a playmate for Hannah, she's quite a bit older.
When meeting Emma this afternoon, the 2 girls instantly clicked and had a fun time.
Emma is very small & petite for her age, and actually Hannah and Emma are exactly the same size height wise and Barb even said Emma is only in a size 5 she is also very thin. (Hannah is in 6's... that just tells you how small this girl really is). Barb said she was a normal sixed baby and is a healthy kid....just small. When looking at her it's hard to tell she is 9, but then when she talks, I can tell the difference. She is an only child, and she has kind of an intellegant, sophisticated tone to her, not the whiny tone Hannah still has. She is a very nice girl and her and Hannah get along super for just meeting. (doesnt' take much effort at that age). They went back and forth from our house to her grandma's. They have plans to maybe play a little yet tonight, and then Hannah will probably never see her again, being that she doesnt' get to MN very often. Tomorrow her grandma is taking her to the Mall of America and then a cousins baseball game, and Wed. we are leaving town.
Even Kendall joined in on the playtime (no surprise), and when I went to get Hannah at Barb's house, I asked Kendall if her mom knew she was at this house, she says yes, but I would guess not, and Kendall was gonna just stay and play with Emma, after Hannah left to go eat supper. So I suggested that she go home and maybe they can play later, and to let her mom know where she was.(it was going on 6pm by now.)
The girls did make a cute little trio though.
No comments:
Post a Comment