Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Yummmm.....fresh strawberries are the best.


I wanted to take the kids strawberry picking this year, and the strawberries are ripe now through a couple of weeks. Not sure if we'll get picking or not, but I stopped by the Dassel Hillside Farm this morning, and just picked up a box of already picked ones. The store bought ones just don't compare, and these are sooo yummy. He said it's just the beginning of picking season and they are getting better every day.
I remember always having fresh strawberries as a kid, I think my mom went every summer to pick or get strawberries. I only remember going along once or twice to actually pick the strawberries. Anyway we are sure enjoying the strawberries today, and I'm not sure they will last long. We have a few in our garden too, I picked a handful today and there are alot more out there. I covered them with netting today, to keep them away from the birds, bunnies and whatever else that always gets them.

I'll have a post coming about our trip to Illinois/Chicago, we just got back last night about 7pm.
Going to work on getting the pool set up today and tomorrow.

No comments: