Neighbor friends come and go, so that helps fill in some of the gaps and as soon as I get the pool up that will help too.
I am getting us ready to leave for a mini vacation on Friday. We are going to Illinois for a few days for a family get together. Lisa and Wil can't make it this year which I am bummed and my grandpa just got out of the hosptial, so he's not up for the drive either and my grandma decided it's best she stay home with him. They discovered in addition to the pneumonia he has a heart condition, and also still needs to get his back issue resolved.
I think it's good we all try to get together each year. We are going to Chain O Lakes State Park, near where my cousin Aaron and his wife Michelle live. They are the hosts this year. My parents are camping, we are planning a hotel, but nothing is definate, so will bring our tent just in case:)
We cant' leave until later on Friday, I am grateful Steve is coming, but he says he needs to maybe work in the morning and anyway, we need to wait till around noon to get a check. So an 8 hour drive to IL, will seem long, when we get such a late start. We may not make it the whole way Friday....and we will just play it by ear.
We are hoping to be able to romp around the big city of Chicago on Sunday. I wanted to go since we are only about an hour or so away and take the kids to see some sites of the city. So we may be driving home on Monday then. Hannah is excited to maybe go see the American Girl store. Bailey wants a view of Wrigley Field or the White Sox field, not even sure if they are close to see. The Sears Tower, Lincoln Park Zoo (FREE), Millennium Park, Navy Pier, Museum of Science and Industry (FREE this weekend, celebrating 75 years) Maybe we can get lost a few times too!!! I think I better check out some ideas online before we go.
No comments:
Post a Comment