He played center field and 3rd base. He was backing up the infield mostly at center and at 3rd had a nice play...ball was hit to him he stopped it and made a nice easy right on throw to 1st to end the inning. His throws from 3rd tend to be wimpy, but in the heat of the moment, he came through. I held my breath and then cheered in excitement.
Right now baseball is his life and now he's off to the Saints field for the Reading Challenge Night. Both kids read so many minutes for the 4 weeks in May,(Bailey-- 100 min/ week and Hannah 70 min /week) and they got family passes to the game tonight, free popcorn/pop, face painting, run the bases after the game, photo's with the players and autographs. Sounds like alot of fun, but I can't get Hannah to want to go, since we just sat through Bailey's game. I was hoping we all could go, but Steve is still working, so I sent Bailey off for a fun night with his friends. It's his hang out this summer, and I told him to come home right after the game. Usually he has a time limit of 8:30/9, but tonight I told him I will call him around 9-9:30 to see how he's doing and how much longer he thinks the game will be. I get a little worried with him out past dark, even though it's only 2 blocks away.(sorry mom...grandma's worry more I think). He doesnt' have to get up for anything in the morning so I figured, why not. I work, but grandma Barb is coming here tomorrow to watch the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment