Monday, June 9, 2008

Things we did.

Bailey went to his first real friend sleepover on Saturday night. It was for Derek's birthday party. They went to the stock car races in Arlington, which is somewhere past Hutch and Glencoe, not sure exactly. Going to races was also another first for Bailey and I think he really enjoyed it. They got back about 10:30pm he said, and watched TV for a few hours, and wrestled. I guess a sleepover isn't a sleepover until you've wrestled a bit....boys will be boys. His 2 other best friends were also there, Holton and Drew, so those 4 boys together, and it spells trouble.
They never did get to sleep until after 2am, so I hear. They had birthday cake and ice cream for breakfast....hummm.... and the morning drop off turned into 1pm, and he was starved, sicne he hadn't had lunch yet. So needless to say his schedule was thrown for a loop. He had fun though, so I guess that is what matters.
He slept in until after 10am, this morning, I went out to cut the grass, becasue I didnt' want to wait any longer, and that may have woke him up, or who knows how long he would have slept. I thought no headaches through it all, but now tonight he just had to fit one in...uuggh.

We had a nice day today, I got the grass cut, took the kids to the library, signed them up for the book club. Hannah was so excited that she read all her 4 books she picked out in about an hour after we got home. For every 20 books they read they get a prize...she's a reading machine.
We took a bike ride after supper, went about 4 miles on the path by hwy 12. Kids did good but were tired on the way back, coming back we were againest the wind and looking at the sun and had some hills to get up. Hannah just kept saying, "we can do it mommy, we can do it". (she was serious...cute). I was fine, but agreed with her to keep her energy going. I really need to buy a bike, dont' like Steve's bike so well, and I think with both kids older and able ride bikes well now, we can do alot of bike rides. Bailey said it was fun, but next time we need to bring water.


Oh and Hannah got a new bike, daddy surprised her last week with a new 18" pink and silver ladybug bike. She was shocked ( Me too!!) since we told her for her birthday we'd get her a new one. Daddy changed his mind and said it was for graduating kindergarten. Thank goodness daddy thought of that.
Her other bike had "problems" though. It made a bunch of noise, and even the wheel locked up once. It had bad bearings so I took it to a bike shop and they replaced the bearings for $12, but said that may not help that the axle was bad, and he even tried a new axle or something and that didnt' seem to help either, so I guess I wasted time and $12 for nothing, cuz she has a new bike now. (I learned a bit, though, about bike parts and where the bearings are and that they are supposed to be round.) It's a cool bike, but it also makes a clicking noise when she pedals from the back tire this time. How frustrating, we should have just taken it back right away, but we didnt' and now she has it all worn in. So we'll have to figure this bike's issues out too.

We had a campfire tonight and had more marshmellows, and smore's, and the kids goofed around outside. Sure wish daddy/Steve was able to be around more. Too much work too far away. He is staying in a hotel again tonight, and may be for most of the week, depending on the weather.

No comments: