Well it seems official.....summer is in full swing. I get pulled in so many different directions during the day, I can't keep my head on straight.
The pool is up and the kids are enjoying it-- it's freezing water yet, but they don't seem to mind too much.
The ice cream truck came by today, and they freaked out, Hannah ran with Kendall back to her house, ( yes Kendall is over here again) and her mom paid for the $1 humongous freeze pops they got (we call them icee's), and then Bailey ran in for some money and he had to chase down the truck to get a huge popcicle. It's crazy what the sound of an ice cream truck does to a kid.
Hannah had her 2nd gymnastics class today and is doing better already. She still is a little stiff and not very flexible, but she seemed more comfortable today, insisting once again that I can't watch. I did anyway, and she was fine. She'll probably say it every class and every time I will still stay and it'll be fine...crazy.
She did hand stands today as a new thing, and continued to work on forward rolls and backwards rolls, balance beam, and she got to do a few things on the uneven bars, but just as it was her turn to do the flip around the bar, they switched stations. Hopefully next time she can go there first, last week she didnt' even get a chance. She is doing way better on that "bridge"--now that takes flexibility. Today they even did a bridge on a wedge mat, and from that position did a flip back, where their legs then flip them over from the bridge position...Bailey was just like, I could never do that.
Just as I thought, that with a little practice she will excel pretty quick in this.
She couldn't do a backward roll without significant help until.....................
a bit ago when she was practicing outside herself and just started to do it. I came to watch and sure enough, she can go backwards now without any help, where as last week and even this morning yet, could not get even close to rolling backwards. Her long legs would just fly up in the air, and the teacher would flip her over.
We had church softball last night, and since Bailey's baseball game was cancelled because of lack of kids from the other team, we were able to make it to softball. Steve came home at 6:30 and changed clothes and we left for the game which started at 7pm. We lost by 1 run, but who knows, how accurate the score keeping was, but they said it was 23-24. Lots of runs. I had a good hit my first time up, and had another base hit,--both times scoring, and once grounded out. I played right field, it's the only place I feel comfortable playing co-ed, I had one hit way over my head and a couple of other plays, when the infield missed it etc. It was fun and I have alot more energy this year, being that I did loose a little weight....last year I think I played one game and was so sore after and just felt like a big blob out there, that I decided I didn't want to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment